Membership in Friends of WomenSafe is available in two categories:
Sustaining Member: A sustaining member agrees to make an annual donation of at least $25.00, and tries to support and attend FOW events whenever possible.
Participating Member: Participating membership requires a voluntary time commitment. A Participating Member agrees to attend the quarterly membership meetings and to work at a minimum of one event per year.
The kinds of tasks our participating members perform include:
- Working on a committee to plan an event
- Working at an event in various capacities
- Selling raffle tickets
- Soliciting donations of certificates and/or merchandise for auctions
- Picking up donations
- Soliciting financial support from event sponsors
- Writing press releases
- Working to “set-up” before an event
- Working to “clean-up” after an event
- Phoning members to schedule event participation
- Preparing baskets for auctions
It is our goal to make participation in Friends of WomenSafe fun. We never expect our members to do anything they aren’t comfortable doing. We strive to make involvement a guilt-free experience by following the edict that “No is an acceptable answer.” Explanations and excuses are never required.
To join Friends of WomenSafe please call (440) 285-3741 or
Click Here to Fill Out a Membership Application.